Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To take charge of all finance, accounting, taxation and treasury functions for the HK companies.
- To oversee the accounting issues for PRC mainland operations.
- To follow up the interim audit and finance audit.
- To handle ad hoc jobs as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Qualified Accountant and degree holder in Finance or Accounting discipline.
- Minimum 5 years with 2 years managerial experience.
- Proficiency in English and Mandarin.
- Familiar with MS Office Application (Word / Excel) with good Chinese and English typing skills.
- Self initiative, proactive, with strong communication skills & the ability to work under pressure.
- Previous PRC exposure is highly preferred.
Senior Accounts Clerk
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for all facets of financial and tax reporting for the Global Sources exhibition entities, including:
- Local statutory reporting
- Maintenance of accounting ledger
- Billing and Accounts Receivable
- Cash Collection and Management
- Other financial activities as needed
- Degree holder in Accounting is preferable
- Mature individual who enjoys a team environment
- Self-motivated and takes pride in work quality
- Good communications skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Good command of Mandarin is preferred
Candidates with less experience will be considered as Accounts Clerk
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To generate sales revenue for the Company by selling exhibition booths and related products of our trade fairs, as well as online services to prospective clients within target area(s)
- To introduce our Company’s products and services (Trade shows and online services) in a professional manner
- To handle clients’ enquiries and to provide appropriate value-added services
- F.7 or above with good command of spoken Chinese and English
- At least 2 years’ solid experience in sales and marketing
- Relevant experience in trade show and advertising industry is an advantage
- Strong selling & presentation skills and be able to work under pressure
- Outgoing personality, aggressive and mature
Objectives & Scope
Assist in the execution of visitor marketing campaigns and activities. Provide professional services to visitors. Obtain comments from visitors for improving our visitor services. Help promoting Global Sources Exhibitions and products in order to attract visitors to attend and see our shows.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Marketing Manager with overall visitor marketing campaigns for all Global Sources Exhibitions events in Hong Kong
- Liaise with internal and external parties as required to ensure smooth planning, coordination, roll-out and tracking of all campaigns
- Assist Marketing Manager in supervising the Hong Kong telemarketing team to handle outbound and inbound calls
- Prepare & propose telemarketing plan including call schedule, script and budget, working with internal and external teams as required
- Manage in-house team temporary staff recruitment, training and work supervision
- Coordinate with 3rd party call center for overseas calls
- Consolidate call result and report
- Manage buyer inquiries (phone calls / email / live chat) and provide prompt and professional assistance to handle inquiries
- Assist other visitor services and marketing activities as assigned by supervisor
- Excellent communication and telemarketing skills
- Mature, presentable, dynamic and self-discipline with positive attitude
- A team player and a definite result oriented person
- Good inter-personal and negotiation skills
- Can work independently and under pressure
- At least 2 years relevant experience in telemarketing or customer service and event services
- Good command of English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Familiar with PC software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
(Senior) Marketing Executive
Proactively assist the senior marketing manager and take full responsibility for promotions and project areas assigned to effectively drive exhibition visitors. Work and coordinate with various departments to ensure promotions and materials are accomplished timely at their best qualities.
- Visitors promotion materials
- Generate ideas, assist in writing, editing and oversee the production of various English- and Chinese-language marketing materials in both print and electronic formats
- Work with the decision makers and the team of coordinators and artists to provide full creative support in order to achieve a modern, dynamic and professional “look and feel” for all materials.
- Continually develop and review the effectiveness of various promotion activities
Attend exhibitions to perform and monitor the visitor registration and other related activities.
Undertake any other duties assigned by supervisor.
- You will have excellent communication skills in English and Chinese (written and verbal) and with a university degree. A degree in Mass Communications, Marketing or Journalism would be an advantage.
- You possess at least 3years experience in the fields of advertising, marketing, communications, trade show or a related business-to-business environment
- You demonstrate a strong sense/talent on creatives, are a cooperative team player with strong attention to details. You are self-motivated, deadline-oriented; able to multi-task and work under pressure
Candidate with less experience will be considered for the Marketing Executive post.
Senior Systems Developer
Key Areas of Responsibilities and Expected Outcomes
The Senior Systems Developer is responsible for developing application software to fulfill business requirements on time, on budget & according to business specifications.
- Work with senior development members in developing, testing and implementing application software using approved development platform
- Engage with business units in the formulation of business workflow and processes
- Support senior team members in preparing new project proposals and cost estimates
- Coach junior Systems Developer in developing front and back-end codes
- Develop, test and implement application modules under the supervision of senior team members
- Assist process team members in performing systems integration and UAT
- Perform application systems documentation according to established standards
- Maintain and enhance existing applications in meeting on-going changes in business requirements
- Participate in performance tuning to meet response time expectations
- Work closely with other IS technical teams to ensure timely delivery of the application systems
- Maintain successful working relationships with other members of IS
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electronic Engineering or any equivalent discipline from an accredited University
- At least 3 to 4 years experience in Information Technology Industry in areas of system analysis & design, development, maintenance, documentation and implementation
- Good understanding of applications and business workflows
- Depending on project assignment, special skills of the following are needed:
- HTML, DHTML, XML
- PERL, CGI, JSP, Java script, Ajax, Spring Framework
- Java, php4, VB, SQL, PL/SQL, PRO*C
- Development platform such as Oracle, JRUN, JBoss, webMethods, Teamsite, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Hyperion Intelligence, Essbase, etc
- Apache Web Server, IIS, Oracle Application Server
- Oracle and other RDBMS
- SUN Solaris, Linux, Window 2000/2003/2008, Window NT platform
- Systems Development Life Cycle
Personal Skills & Abilities
- Team player
- Strong technical skills with an “eye” for detail
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proactive attitude, capable of thinking in and out of the box, generating ideas and solutions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, goals & issues
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, as well as consultative and presentation skills
- Comfortable in interacting with all levels in the organization, as well as management and staff from different nationalities
- Participate in system development for Web applications for internal and/or external users
- Work closely with Technical Manager / Project Manager to implement technical solution that meets business requirements
- Provide on-going support and enhancements for Web applications
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or related disciplines
- 2 - 3 years solid experience in Web development with Java technology & Spring Framework
- Knowledge of other technologies such as PHP, Mobile, Oracle PL/SQL, HTML, Java scripts etc. will be an advantage
- Proficient in both written and spoken English and Chinese, Mandarin will be an asset
- Mature, hardworking, good team player, self-initiative and organized